YOU GOT QUESTIONS? I HAVE ANSWERS! I will answer here personally - Shannon Leger

Author Topic: fitting jeans for curves  (Read 160 times)

db415

• View Profile
fitting jeans for curves
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
I made a muslin of the Morgan jeans from Closet Case and hated it. I think I am just out of the size range so I can't size up. The muslin is a bit tight in the thighs and there is tons of gaping in the back. I have had success in the past with using pants patterns that were drafted for curvy girls and modifying them (simplicity's amazing fit). Can anyone recommend a non stretch curvy jean pattern? It can be big four or indie, oop or current. I just want to start with something that doesn't gap.

Administrator

• Administrator

• View Profile
Re: fitting jeans for curves
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »
McCalls 5894 lets you adjust the back waist to eliminate the gap. Itís also a good lesson in fitting jeans, though the leg styles might be wider than you want. I have read that one individual had to take in an extra inch at the top of the back waistbandó so that could be why RTW won't fit.

mistycruzin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:07:34 AM »
Not my size range, but I suggest the Cashmerette Ames Jean..

Designed for curvey figures and has 2 different waist shapes.

SewingAlma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:08:43 AM »
I just bought this pattern yesterday so that makes me happy to hear the positive review! Did you use a non stretch denim? I noticed there seemed to be an ease in the pattern which you dont find in the patterns for stretch denim.

I actually love a boot cut even if its out of style right now...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:09:38 AM by Administrator »

Janiesgotagun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:10:26 AM »
Iíve used stretch but I donít think you need it. Thereís plenty of ease, especially since they give 1Ē seam allowances to help with fitting. Iím actually making another pair now! I hope it works for you!