YOU GOT QUESTIONS? I HAVE ANSWERS! I will answer here personally - Shannon Leger

Author Topic: Help I cut the pattern the wrong size!  (Read 247 times)

Lilly

• View Profile
Help I cut the pattern the wrong size!
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »
Ok, so I just cut the pattern pieces out, not fabric, so do you think I can just add the amount of allowance to my fabric cutting to move her up to the size 12 ( I cut a size 10) this is a really basic pattern Mc Callís M5797 I am making D, F, G,

Administrator

• Administrator

• View Profile
Re: Help I cut the pattern the wrong size!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »
Yes, you should be fine doing this. I would check and see what the difference between sizes is, and add that amount in each area (there may be less of a difference at the shoulders, etc).

One thing you can do from here out to help prevent this from happening is trace them to preserve all the sizes

wildcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:04:05 PM »
There may be enough ease in the pattern that it might not matter. I would add the extra to the side seams. Have you measured the pattern against the measurement s you need?

microbow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
Add it to your fabric when you lay out the pattern (perhaps you just cut off the seam allowance ... the amt. 5/8") just be certain if you have to add for the size difference & seam allowance.

Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »
Joann's is having a sale right now... Only $3. I would just rebuy it. Regardless I would just purchase it over because 5-7 dollars is better than hours of hassle.