YOU GOT QUESTIONS? I HAVE ANSWERS! I will answer here personally - Shannon Leger

Author Topic: Still somewhat of a beginner but want to start a business  (Read 225 times)

microbow

• View Profile
Still somewhat of a beginner but want to start a business
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »
Though I am a beginner I have learned to sew a number of items that I can sell. Really I am not sure how to start. I would like some extra money, and will expand the items I create as I get better and gain more experience. Any help in this area?

Administrator

• Administrator

• View Profile
Re: Still somewhat of a beginner but want to start a business
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:18:01 AM »
Sometimes 1 item is all that is needed in a business. I worked for a local interior design company some years back making all of their curtains. That's all they needed was someone to make their curtains and toppers.

My point is just because you are new or don't know how to sew that many things doesn't mean you can't start selling. I used to sell embroidered diaper bags and purses. There are sellers on ebay and Etsy - that's all they make and that is ALL they know how to sew. That is because they learned to sew those products to make extra money.

It would be extremely difficult to explain everything in one post on the forum. So this board is more for single tips or ideas. We do have a giant section in our SewPopular.Com members area that will be opening in the first part of February that will give you access to a ton of videos, tools, and other features that will help you to start and maintain a sewing business. You will have to sign up for it though.

My husband is creating it and his goal is to have it where you can run your entire business from SewPopular's membership area. So far it's heading that way.

kayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »
Hi where do we go to get onto the sewing business part thanks

Administrator

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
You can sign up as a free member at

https://sewpopular.com

Let me know if there are any issues by replying here on the forum.

kayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »
Hi over the past few weeks i have tried to sign up but everytime it says invalid sign up link thanks

Administrator

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:07:01 AM »
I have sent you a message on how to login.